Friday, September 29, 2006

I'll eventually jump back in the loop...

The more I read other boxing sites and blogs just to keep up with what's going on, the more I realize that I am just totally out of the loop. The fact is, I've always maintained the position that you shouldn't write about a fight unless you've actually seen it. And these days, with no premium channels on my TV, I don't see much at all. There's occasionally a decent bout on Friday Night Fights on ESPN, but those fights are never close to the marquee fights you get on HBO, Showtime, and PPV.

That said, I think I'm just going to continue on this somewhat extended break, until I can get to a place where plunking down fifty bucks to watch a fight on PPV, or adding an extra $25 a month in premium channels to my budget is do-able. I'll also admit that I've become rather caught up in my obsessive love of the NY Mets (they are, after all, having a very good year). I guess we all have to have our priorities. Which isn't to say that I'm leaving boxingfan forever. It's just that my posting will be sporadic at best. Like it has been for most of the year.

As an aside, I think it's pitiful that for most of the year, I've been dreading the day when Wladimir Klitschko finally has a decent fight (or actually, any fight at all) and I can't watch it because I can't afford to. I can't believe I'm still waiting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ESPN Has had great fights this year.granted the hype is missing, but almost every week, the fights are better then the past 4 PPV's that featured Pacuiao. however, you do need to get hbo and showtime. since the following week they air the previous ppv fights.

june 18th on hbo, aug. 25th hbo. get the dish network and you get hbo and showtime for free for 3 months

11:19 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Hello,

I have maintained the boxing site ...So please can you provide link for me...

http://nymetsfan.blogspot.com/

http://boxingfan.blogspot.com/

7:08 AM  
Blogger Greg Prosmushkin said...

Thanks for taking the time to share this wonderful information with us. I found your blog recently and found all your posts to be very informative. Have a great rest of your day.
Greg Prosmushkin

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home