Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Tarver Gets Rematch With Johnson

Is it me, or is 2005 shaping up to be one hell of a year for boxing? I can't believe the number of great fights we've had already, and it's only May! This coming weekend we have Corrales/Castillo. Then next weekend, Trinidad/Wright. Hopkins/Taylor has been scheduled for July 16. And now, the rematch we've all been waiting for between light heavyweights Glen Johnson and Antonio Tarver has been scheduled for June 18 in Memphis.

These two guys are arguably the two best light heavyweights in boxing. After his victory over Tarver in their first bout, Glen Johnson was named Ring Magazine's Fighter of the Year. I like Johnson, but I'm sticking with Tarver. I picked him in the first fight, and I'm picking him again in this one. He's an incredibly talented boxer, and I don't think he'll let this second chance get away from him. Since the fight is a month away, I'm going to leave it at that and post more in a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home