Monday, May 09, 2005

SI Article On McCain's Boxing Bill

I like SI, for the most part. But their coverage of boxing is just pitiful. Except for when Senator McCain and the proposed Federal Boxing Commission are in the news. Check out the article just posted on SI.com tonight, under the heading "More Sports," the SI dumping ground they should subtitle "Sports We Barely Cover Because We Really Don't Give A Crap." For whatever it's worth, that boxing bill sittin' there on Capitol Hill is now halfway home to Law.

2 Comments:

Blogger JE Boxing said...

I like your comments about SI. I think that boxing could make a major comeback if one of the networks gave it a go again. As for the creation of a federal commission --- you and I agree to disagree on this one. I just cringe at the prospect of someone in Washington DC having the power to affect a fight in Las Vegas (or Butte, Montana, or Hawaii).

8:57 PM  
Blogger curlygc said...

Actually, JE, I don't totally disagree with you. I'm kind of torn about the issue. I want boxing to have a centralized rule making/administrative body, like football or baseball does. But the idea of having the government run it doesn't exactly leave me turning cartwheels either. What's the solution? I wish I knew.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home