Sunday, April 24, 2005

Sugar Shane Is Back

I had no doubt that Sugar Shane Mosely wasn't done fighting. And I for one am glad to see him back at Welterweight, where he should make it back into Ring's rankings after this fight.

Mosely was clearly the better, more experienced fighter in this bout. He didn't really get going until the third round, where he started using the jab more, and moved back less. In round four, Estrada really was saved the bell after two searing lefts by Mosely to the body. I thought for sure that Shane would finish him in round five, but oddly enough he backed off the body, and didn't go back to working it until round six.

By the time round nine rolled around, I was shouting at ref Robert Byrd for interjecting himself into the fight. I think he pissed off Mosely too. Instead of letting the guys punch out of holds, every five seconds he was jumping in there, pulling them apart. I hate that. Let the guys fight! In any case, when Byrd wasn't interfering, Mosely was clearly in control. I had it scored 8 rounds to 2, 98-92, Mosely.

Nice job, Shane. But I think you'll have to get in line behind Antonio Margarito and Cory Spinks before you get your shot at Zab Judah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home