Monday, April 25, 2005

Matchups I'd really like to see

These are my top fights I really want to see (I'm not including fights that are already scheduled to happen. Of course I want to see Ruiz/Toney!)

Kostya Tszyu vs. Arturo Gatti: Are you kidding me? A PPV spectacular! This one would be one helluva slug fest! Mickey who?

Zab Judah vs. Antonio Margarito: Another great fight, and Antonio has earned his shot. Zab might not want to put his title on the line quite so fast, but I think a PPV event might make it worth his while.

John Duddy vs. Anyone: I don't care who. Seriously, I just want to see this guy fight again.

Calvin Brock vs. Wladimir Klitschko: You could argue that Wlad doesn't deserve a shot at Brock. But given his past success, I think he does. And I think a guy like Brock is going to give Wlad the kind of tough fight his fans want to see. Klitschko's victory over Castillo meant nothing. A victory over Brock means he's ready to face Byrd or Ruiz or or Toney - whoever the top guys are when that time comes (other than his own brother, who we know he won't ever fight). A victory for Brock puts him in the same position.

Vitaly Klitschko vs. Chris Byrd: Once and for all, let's just settle it. Of course, if James Toney hands John Ruiz the ass-whooping I think he will, then I'd like to see him take on Byrd instead. And the winner of that fight should get Klitschko. And maybe by then, Vitaly will be healed from his back surgery and actually ready to fight again. Why am I skipping over a John Ruiz/Vitaly Klitschko matchup? Because I don't like Ruiz. His fight with Roy Jones left a bad taste in my mouth for the guy. I don't like his style, or his attitude, and I don't think he deserves a number 2 ranking. But to be fair, if he beats Toney decisively, I'll take it back.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Sanders weren't retired, how about Corrie Sanders vs. Sam Peter?

12:38 PM  
Blogger curlygc said...

That would be a good fight, but first you'd have to drag Corrie off the golf course - and good luck with that!

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Byrd/Klitschko is the fight for the heavyweight division.

Needs to happen and I don't know why both of them (mainly Vitali) are escapading around this topic.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home