Saturday, April 23, 2005

Friday Night Fell Asleep

Well, I have to admit that the Litzau/Martinez fight wasn't so bad. After the first few rounds, I began to question the value of proving one's toughness at the expense of early onset brain damage. Litzau basically used Martinez's head like a speed bag. I kept wondering when the young American featherweight might actually start going to the body, but it never happened. I thought Ref Toby Gibson could have stopped the fight a round earlier, but it was a good stoppage nonetheless. I'll be keeping my eye on Litzau.

As for the main event, I have to confess that I fell asleep. So, I can't write about a fight I didn't see, because then I'd just be ripping off someone else's analysis. What I can say about the fight was that, from the few rounds I saw, I was completely at a loss as to how to score it, or how the hell I could possibly stay awake for such a snoozer. Hey, it's not like I'm a professional analyst getting paid for my opinion! Bottom line, I remain unimpressed with Dominick Guinn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home